Donal Skehan's Teriyaki Chicken
Teriyaki Chicken - Donal Skehan
Adapted & modified from Donal Skehan’s “Saturday Night Teriyaki Chicken”
- 250g mid-joint chicken wings (original recipe used chicken fillet)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder (original recipe used chilli)
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- sesame seed (garnish)
- Combine garlic, chilli powder, lime zest, soy sauce, brown sugar, grapeseed oil and sesame oil in a bowl. Add the chicken and coat evenly. Set aside in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator 15 minutes before cooking. Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and bake for 15–20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked, Bast the chicken with the marinades halfway through the cooking time.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a serving plate and garnish with sesame seed if desired.