Chinese Steamed Pumpkin Cake
This steamed pumpkin cake or more commonly known as 金瓜糕 is a Chinese Dim Sum dish (中式糕点), not to be confused with the baked Pumpkin Cake.
100g pumpkin (skin removed)
125g rice flour
10g tapioca flour
35g dried shrimps
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- Soak the dried shrimps for about 15minutes, chopped into bits.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the rice flour, tapioca flour, salt, pepper together. Add in the water and whisk until there is no lump in the batter.
- Add in cooking oil and the chopped dried shrimps in a hot frying pan, stir fry until fragrant.
- Add in pumpkin and stir fry for about 5 minutes. Lower the heat and add in the flour mixture, mix well. The mixture will turn thick within the minute, turn off the heat.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased square/round deep steaming dish, smoothen the top. Steam over high heat for 35-40 minutes. Allow the pumpkin cake to cool before cutting.