Last year, I’ve made Mixed Vegetable Soup & I mentioned that it was a variation of the Borsch. Today, I made Borsch from a book and hopefully got it as close as possible.
Adapted & Modified from the book “今晚吃什么” pg83 by Patsie Cheong, I’ve used pork instead of chicken bone.
- 300g lean pork
- 100g cabbage
- 100g carrot, peel & slice
- 100g potato, peel & cut
- 1 onion, peel & cut
- 1 tomato, halved
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 litre water
- salt to taste
- In a large pot, bring 1 litre of water to a boil. Add the meat and lower the heat when the soup boils. Simmer for about 30 minutes (if you are using chicken bones, blanch before boiling for 1 hour, remove the bones).
- Add tomato, carrot, potato and onion into the pot and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let the soup simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cabbage and tomato paste, let the soup simmer until the cabbage becomes soft, about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt (I omit) and turn off the heat. The soup is ready to be served.