Donna Hay's Blueberry Almond Cake
Blueberry Almond Cake
This is such an easy cake to follow that all you need is to melt your butter at the same time when you whisk the egg and sugar, put them together and into the oven, then ta-da.. you get a yummy cake in no time! For just 2 person, I halved the recipe and bake in a muffin cup for just 20 minutes.
- 2 medium eggs
- 110g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 75g self-raising flour, sifted
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 60g ground almond
- 125g fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Line the muffin pan with muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract using an electric mixer for about 8 minutes until the mixture tripled in volume and becomes thick and pale.
- Fold in the self-raising flour and mix well.
- Add butter and ground almonds into the batter, mix well.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups (about 8) or a 4×6-inch cake tin lined with nonstick baking paper. Top with the blueberries.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Set aside on a wire rack to cool.