Steamed Yam Cake 芋头糕
not so nice looking 芋头糕
My first attempt without the mushroom and shallots. My verdict – it need more salt!
- 150g yam, cut into cubes
- 25g dried prawns, wash & soak
- 2 pcs dried mushroom, soak & drain & cut into strips
- 2 pcs shallots, cut into strips
- 125g rice flour
- 25g tapioca starch
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp five spice powder
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 500ml water
- In a mixing bowl, add in rice flour, tapioca flour, pepper, five spice powder, sugar, salt and soy sauce. Add in the water gradually to prevent lumps, stir and mix well.
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan over medium fire. Add in the dried prawn and shallot and cook unil fragrant. Add in the mushroom and yam. cook for about 8 minutes.
- Lower the fire, gradually stir in the batter into the pan. Stir until the mixture thickened.
- Pour the mixture into a 6-inch tin and steam for 45 minutes over high heat. Remove the yam cake from the steamer and set aside to cool.