These muffins are nutritious and smell good, even without the vanilla essence which I have omitted because I had used the last drop for my FA double chocolate chips with almonds. Just like what King Arthur Flour said – “Aside from their deep golden color, no one will guess these moist, tender, absolutely delicious muffins are 100% whole wheat.”.
Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins
moist, tender and aromatic...
- 2 1/4 cups (283g) Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup (213g) brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt cinnamon-sugar or coarse white sparkling sugar for topping, optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Line the muffin pan with muffin cups. I used the muffin cups without the muffin pan so that I have 1 less tray to wash.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, mix well using a whisk. Add in half the strawberries, mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the oil, yogurt and vanilla extract with a whisk.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour the oil mixture into the well. Stir to combine, do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups about 80% full. You can top the muffin with cinnamon sugar. Bake the muffins for about 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let it sit in the muffin tray for another 5 minutes. Transfer them to a rack to cool. Serve.
Notes: Store leftovers at room temperature.