Cabbage with Glass Noodle
Cabbage and Glass Noodle
- 50g glass noodles, soaked until soft
- 20 fresh shitake mushrooms
- 300g cabbage, cleaned and cut into big pieces
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 3 cm ginger cut into slices
- 5 cloves garlic, slice into big pieces
- 1 tbsp dried shrimp, soaked for 10 minutes
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- In a frying pan, sauté the dried shrimps, ginger and garlic until fragrant.
- Add carrot and mushrooms. Stir fry for 5 minutes. Add the cabbage and stir fry for another 5 minutes. Add water to cover the ingredients and bring to boil. Lower the heat and let the food simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the glass noodles and season with light soy sauce. Let it simmer until your preferred texture. If you preferred the texture to be a bit chewy, simmer for about 10 minutes. If you like melt-in-the mouth texture, transfer to a slow cooker and let it cook for about 3-4 hours.