Adapted from “cook express” by Heather Whinney
A simple bake with only 4 ingredients, they are surprisingly light and fluffy. I can think of variations with this basic recipe, ground almond, matcha powder….
100g butter, room temperature
50g caster sugar
125g plain flour
25g cocoa powder (I used Black)
melted dark chocolate or milk chocolate to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 180C (fan 160C). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until pale and creamy.
3. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Beat until the mixture form a dough.
4. Roll the dough into 16 balls, about the size of walnut, and place on the baking tray. I like mine small so I roll to the size of a 2-cm ball (about 24). Press the ball to flatten it, you can use the back of the fork or any cookie cutter to decorate it. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Transfer the cookie to a wire rack to cool. You can drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the cookie and allow the chocolate to set before serving or storing them.