DoubleTree by Hilton is an American hotel chain. It is part of Hilton Worldwide.
1/2 cup rolled oats, fine
1 cup unsalted butter (two sticks), softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed 1/2 cup
3/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup
1 1/2 to 2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cups Ghirardelli semi-sweet miniature chocolate chips 2 cup Ghirardelli 60% cocoa
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugars, vanilla extract and lemon juice.
2. Using a spatula, add the eggs, one at a time, into the mixture and blend well.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula. Do not overmix.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Do not to overmix as it produce cake-like cookies.
5. Scoop cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet. Freeze or refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 2 to 4 hours.
6. Place cookie dough on a tray lined with parchment paper at least 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart. Bake at 170 degrees C for 14-16 minutes.
7. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before storing.