500 g Pork Shoulder Butt
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 dash of five spice powder & pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
10 g sugar
2 cloves of garlic
1. Cut the pork shoulder butt into 3 – 4 cm diameter.
2. Combine all the marinades and pork strips into a bowl and marinades in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (fan mode 180C).
4. In a fry pan, add in the pork and marinade. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes, flipping the meat every 7-10 minutes.
5. Place the pork strips onto a tray lined with aluminium foil and broil in the oven for 7 minutes each side.
6. Remove the char siew from the oven and set aside on a kitchen paper towel to drain excess oil, about 10 minutes. Slice the char siew and serve.